The aim of this report is to describe the experiences from developing five
different LCC (Life Cycle Cost) tools in different product areas in ABB. In
addition to the cost evaluation provided by the tools, an environmental
evaluation and a qualitative, systematic evaluation of "soft" (i.e.
not cost or environmental) values are also included.
The areas for which the tools have be developed:
- Anaerobic digestion plant (Biogas, wet process)
- Dry fermentation (Biogas, dry process)
- Transformer management tool (Transformer selection)
- AX1 LCP tool (MV Switchgear selection)
- Battery (Battery selection for backup power)